Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learning

I pulled out some ABC flashcards the other day just to get an assessment of what Jubilee knew so that I could make sure I give her activities that are challenging, but not too frustrating. She totally surprised me with both her knowledge and enthusiasm for flash cards. We worked on them for a week and she knows most of them now. I also pulled out an alphabet poster that she use a dry erase marker on. She requested to do this 3 times today! (It was rainy, and I had quite a bit of baking to do. She kept herself quite busy inside!!)
I made cakes for a marriage seminar that a friend of ours is running, and I tried out a new technique- flowers! I hadn't attempted a big rose out of icing before, but I liked the results- what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like your cake, Tricia. Too bad you aren't here to make Mike's cake for me...he'll be getting something very ordinary instead.
    It's neat that Jubilee is doing so well with her learning, and able to stay occupied on rainy days!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete